Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summertime with Love with Food

I got my first Love with Food box on Friday :) I had it delivered to work so a couple of my coworkers were with me when I initially opened it. They jokingly said that it looked like something you'd get on an airplane; but as I pulled each item out, I saw each of them struggling not to take something they wanted to try. Sorry, but not this time. First box dibs have to go to my hubby :)


Packaged well and plastic wrapped for shipping.


Each month's box has a theme, and the one for this month is Backyard BBQ. Nice.


This month's box included 8 treats that, per the description card, will "help you chill while you grill" and I can"also wear a big smile since [I] donated a meal to a hungry child in America."


Snapea Crisps from Harvest Snaps: The smooth, mild flavor of fresh peas is simply baked into this natural snack. Hubby and I found these to be...interesting. They are very light, airy and crispy. They are also not too salty, which is appreciated. It was a neat product to try, but this little snack pack was enough for us.


Sea Salt Potato Crisps from Good Boy Organics: Full of crunchy flavor, these baked organic potato snacks [BOPS] are GMO-free. We weren't that thrilled with these either. They are crunchy, but the sunflower oil overshadowed the whole chip, and left us with an overpowering sunflower seed aftertaste in our mouths.


Crunchers from Sahale Snacks: Naturally dried cranberries, rotated sliced almonds, and sesame seeds are lightly glazed with orange blossom honey. This was positively delicious! Hubby only got a small taste before I polished of the bag. It had a perfect blend of sweet, salty and tart; and I will definitely be purchasing more.


Original Creamy Praline from Aunt Sally's: New Orleans' most famous praline is studded with Louisiana pecans smothered in a fudgy coating. I have a huge sweet tooth and thought I would like this more, but it was too sweet even for me. One praline is probably sweet enough for three people to share. Maybe four. Tasty, but holy cavities Batman.


Amsterdam Waffle Cookie from Rip van Wafels: Luscious caramel is sandwiched between thin waffle cookies in this classic Dutch treat. Delicious caramel goodness. I expected a more crunchy cookie, but it was still wonderful. I agree with the packaging - try it dipped in a hot beverage :)


All Natural Salsa from El Pinto: Made in New Mexico with roasted green chiles and jalapenos for a touch of heat. I'm not big on salsa, but hubby will probably enjoy this.


Sugar-Free Fresh Mints from Project7: For each adorable tube enjoyed, Project7 will plant a fruit tree. These taste like almost any other mint, but it's good too know that something environmentally positive comes from their purchase.


All Natural Spice Rub from The Dizzy Pig BBQ Co.: This flavorful rub pairs well with BBQ classics like ribs, burgers, and chicken. Go to DizzyPigBBQ.com to save 15% with code 'Love 15'. To the spice rack this goes. I'll use it one day.


Coupons and referral info.

This was an interesting mix of snacks. Hubby and I are excited to see what next month brings.

If you're interested in trying Love with Food, I'd appreciate it if you used my personalized link to sign up so I can get a few referral points: click here. But, as always you can sign up at the Company's main page as well. For anyone who already subscribes, what did you think of this month's box?

Later gators,
M

No comments: