Monday, August 19, 2013

I got my 1st ipsy bag, and it's a good one :)

"Glamour Academy" is the theme of the August ipsy bag; and that leads to a lovely, Harry Potter/Hogwarts-esque, purple cosmetics bag holding this month's goodies. 


The view inside that distinct pink ipsy mailer.


Unlike some other monthly subscription companies, the included card did not provide detailed descriptions of the products. Rather, the back of the card lists product discount info.


The bag.

I love this bag. Purple is my favorite color, and the pattern is fun and stylish at the same time. I'm glad I got off the waitlist in time to get this one.


I received the Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in the color Anarchy. It's a very small sample, but it is incredibly pigmented and has a wonderful texture. It's far too pink for my everyday wear, but I'll find some occasion for it.


Next up, are the Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub and the Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream. The facial scrub I've been using just finished, so I was excited to see that I received this one (in a generous 1 fl. oz sample size, I might add) instead of the pumpkin face mask option others received. I've never tried a BB Cream; but I've heard positive things about Pacifica products, and I'm sure I'll try this somewhere down the line.


Lastly, I received a sample of the Lash Booster Mascara from Pixi, in No. 2 Blackest Black, and a full-size NYX Mosaic Powder in the color Dare. I've never used any products from Pixi, so we'll see how this mascara works out. I like the color of the mosaic powder that I received, and have been consistently impressed NYX products so I was happy to see this in my bag.

Overall, I am very impressed with this bag! The cosmetics bag itself is gorgeous, and contained a nice mix of products that are more than worth the $10. I'm excited to see what next month's pink mailer brings :)

If you're interested in trying ipsy out for yourself, I'd appreciate it if you used my referral link. Click here :)

Later gators,
M

No comments: