Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My first experience with a not-so-Dazzley Box

Do any of you know about Dazzley Box? According to the Company's site, Dazzley Box is a "monthly subscription box for women that includes 5 or more surprise items...[and] always includes at least one piece of jewelry".

The current price breakdown is as follows:

One month: $24.99;
Three months (buy two, get one free): $49.98;
Six months: $137.94 one time payment (breaks down to $22.99/mo); and
One year: $239.88 (breaks down to $19.99/mo).

I decided to try the box out with a (buy two months, get one free) three month subscription, and recently received my first box. 

What an extreme disappointment! There was absolutely nothing dazzling about the box. It was so disappointing that I can't even bring myself to believe that future boxes may be better. I seriously almost shed a tear when I realized how severely I'd wasted my money. 


To start, instead of the decent Dazzley Box labeled white box that I've seen on some reviewers sites, the products I received came in a (damaged) regular brown cardboard box. It literally looked as if someone carelessly threw some knickknacks inside the box, added some tissue paper on top and kicked it to a mailbox. Presentation is often key, and this package received a grade of zero.

Now, onto the actual "surprise items" and "jewelry" I received.


Two packets of Nescafe Memento coffee beverages (Caramel Latte and Mocha), one Godiva Chocolate Lava Cake Truffle, one Dove go fresh Restore Beauty Bar, and three, supposedly perfect-for-fall, handmade bracelets? This subscription box, especially for the price, is a joke.

I don't drink coffee, but when I passed the two Nescafe beverage packs on to my husband, he asked me if they were free samples I received in the mail. Those plus the single Godiva Truffle that was carelessly thrown into the box, and already looked half unwrapped...the box was not off to a great start. I, of course, threw the truffle away. I mean, be serious.

The Dove Beauty Bar can be purchased in stores and online at a cost of barely over a dollar a bar on sale. The value promised by this Company simply isn't delivered.

The three far-from-dazzling bracelets came in their own beat up white box. Sidebar, why does everything this Company sent me look completely beat to sh*t? Who is packaging their goods? The Incredible Hulk? Anyway, I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the elastic in both beige bracelets have too many flyaways for bracelets that are supposed to be new, and the black bracelet is already stretched out! They would be nice, if they didn't arrive at my door looking like used goods.

I purchased two more months of this (what was I thinking!), so I have no choice but to give them two more tries to wow me; or at least to not horribly disappoint me again. At this point, I wouldn't recommend this service to anyone.

If you're thinking about subscribing, don't. For what was sent out, the subscription cost shouldn't be more than $7.50 - $10 (being generous here)! Do yourself a favor; save your money on this one, and avoid the stress.

Please, please, pleeeeaasseee let next month be better, because I don't even want to think about how it could be worse :(

Later gators,
M

No comments: