Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Birchbox is all the (Beauty) Buzz this October

This month's Birchbox had arrived, and I'm pretty impressed.

For those of you who don't know, Birchbox is a monthly subscription service. For just $10/month, subscribers are sent a box containing a variety of beauty/grooming/lifestyle products - many of which are from high-end brands. If you're interested in trying it out, I'd appreciate it if you used my referral link at http://birch.ly/16gHmcu. Through Birchbox's referral program, subscribers not only earn points (which add up, and turn into 'cash' value which can be used in their online store) for referring friends, but also by reviewing received products. Believe me, points can add up pretty quickly.

And now, back to the box :)

This month's box theme is Beauty Buzz


Among other things, this month's insert card states that month's box is devoted to products that the Company's beauty gurus can't stop talking about.


Overall, I'm happy with my box. I think I received a well-rounded variety of items; including a cool lip product and an interesting hair product (very excited :).

My box this month :)

This month I received:

1) Chapstick Hydration Lock: This month everyone received this Birchbox Find (a mass-market product the Birchbox heads are mad about) in their boxes. The scent/flavor is Vanilla Creme. Unfortunately, I can't stand Chapstick, so this will be passed on, but someone will love it;

2) POP Beauty Aqua Lacquer: I received the gorgeous, sheer, pink color Flowering Fuschia. It has a slightly minty smell, and per the description it plumps and hydrates with jojoba oil. I'm not generally a fan of plumping lip products, but I'll try it out.


I've seen a lot of reviewers talking about the unusual plastic applicator; but apparently the paddle style allows for more precise application. We'll see;

3) Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum: This is an antiaging serum with SPF 30. I already have a sunscreen that I love, but I'm exited to try this as the description states that it can also be used as a primer under makeup. I could always use another awesome primer option;

4) Karuna Hydrating Mask: This is an all-natural, antioxidant rich, cloth mask. I've actually never tried a face mask before, so I'm a bit apprehensive about it, but I'll try it...one day; and

5) 12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment: One product, 12 benefits, and it smells AMAZING.

As I said above I'm pretty happy with this month's box! Nice work Birchbox. Keep it up for next month :)

If you're already a Birchboxer, what did you think of your October box? What product did you you receive that you're most excited about?

Later gators,
M

No comments: