Saturday, October 19, 2013

Art is Beauty & Beauty is Art

Yea, I got my ipsy bag!

This month's theme is The Art of Beauty; and I must say, October is a very good ipsy month :) I love my bag, and most of the other reviews that I've seen have been positive as well. Good job ipsy.


A simple bag with a cute quote, and a pop of vibrant color. Thumbs up :) 
"Love of beauty is taste.
The creation of beauty is art."

I really like this month's actual bag. The quote is cute, and I love the hot pink interior. It also feels much sturdier than last month's bag.


More importantly, I also feel like the majority of the products I received were more tailored to my tastes and preferences. Maybe there's something to ipsyMatch after all. Uh oh - I hope I didn't speak too soon, and ipsy's beauty gurus can keep up the magic for November's bag.

Anyway, onto the goodies! This month I received:

1) La Fresh Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wet Wipes: The package contains 10 wipes, which is a great sample size. They have a nice scent, and seem to work well. I'll keep the rest of the pack in my travel bag. I can always use convenient products like this;

2) Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush: I've already started using this :) It's a nice, soft brush, and ipsy can feel free to send me more;

3) Style Sexy Hair Spray Clay: I'm not yet sure about this product. Apparently, it's not a hairspray, but rather a 'clay, in spray form, that gives hair textured movement while providing a dry hold'. I'll try it out, but it may not be a match for my hair type;

4) Bella Terra Mineral Cosmetics Mineral Shimmer: I received the color Navy, and it is beautiful. It is a very pigmented shimmer powder that can, apparently, be used in 8 different ways. Per the ipsy site, this product is a "creamy eye shadow, matte eyeshadow, eyeliner, lip color, nail polish, mascara, body glitter, and hair color for fun hair streaks" all in 1. I'm definitely excited to try it out; and

5) Zoya Nail Lacquer: I received a lovely plum color called Mason.


It has a bit of shimmer, goes on smoothly in one coat, and is a perfect color for Fall. Yea!

If you're a fellow ipsy subscriber, how did you like your October bag? What product are you most excited to have received/try out? I'm still deciding. At this point, I'll say it's a 4-way tie :)

If you haven't yet subscribe, but are interested in getting your own ipsy bag(s), I'd appreciate it if you use my referral link. [Thanks in advance.]

Later gators,
M

No comments: