Sunday, May 04, 2014

Rock and Roll with ipsy - April '14

April's ipsy bag rocked out, with its various beauty products out :) The theme was Beauty Rocks, and for the most part I'm happy with what I received. 


First, I have to say that the bag itself (which is too cute with its glorious purple self) reeked when I first took it out if the mailer. Did anyone else have that issue? I had to put a dryer sheet inside it and leave it on a bookcase, unzipped, to air out. It took about 2 weeks to air out well enough for me to stand holding it. Crazy! Thank goodness whatever the smell was didn't transfer to the products inside.

Now onto the goodies! I received:

City Color White Gold Shadow and Highlight Mousse: when I first saw this, and saw the airy, mousse-like consistency, I was a bit hesitant to use it. Now, I think this may be my favorite product that I received in this bag. As the name implies, it goes on white, but blends to this gorgeous golden shimmer. Definitely not an everyday look, but I'm glad to have it in my collection;

Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant: I'll be gifting this to one of my sisters or a friend. I've read that it has a pleasing lemon smell, but I'm leery of the actual microdermabrasion aspect of the product. I've found a few face products that age worth my skin, and I'll be sticking to those for now;

Sexy Hair Root Pump Volumizing Spray Mousse: this is another product that will be gifted away. I don't use mousse in my hair, so this one's wasted on me. I have lots of friends that seat by Big Sexy products, so I'll have no problem finding someone to take it off my hands; and

A Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in the shade Apple Pink: this is a full-sized product and is very pigmented which is great. Stylishly, it comes off as more of a lipstick, then a tinted balm. The nude/pink shade, however, is not the best for me. I can work with it if I keep it light and maybe layer it worth another shade. We'll see.


Lastly, I received an Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet. I'm always happy to receive an Urban Decay product; especially when it's such a generous sample size. I have yet to use this since I so rarely use eyeliner, but I've been hearing/reading good things.

What did you other ipsters think of your April bag?

If you don't yet subscribe but would like to, I'd appreciate it if you used my referral link at http://bit.ly/154vUAf :).

Later gators,
M

No comments: