Thursday, February 27, 2014

Four months of foodie love... yep four

These last few food box review months have gotten away from me a bit.

Ok, more than a bit.

A lot.

Work has been insanely busy, and blogging had to take a backseat. I'll try to be better in the coming months. Try :)

I received some winners and some duds from Love With Food over that last few months. I liked so few of the products, that I didn't really have much to say about them. That all changed with this month's box though. Hopefully, the boxes continue to get better.

November

November's theme was Flavors of Fall with Chef Ryan Scott. 


November's box had a Thanksgiving theme, and some hearty treats.


I received:

Tuxedo Flavored Popcorn from Kukuruza: I have been on Kukuruza for a few years now. I absolutely love the majority of their gourmet popcorn flavors (especially the Hawaiian Caramel with Sea Salt), and their customer service is amazing. Tuxedo is one of their sweet offerings, mixing caramel popcorn with milk chocolate and white chocolate drizzles. I was happy to see this in the box as it means that more people are realizing how great this Company is;

Sweet Corn Crunch from Sensible Foods: These sweet and crunchy dry corn kernels were such an unexpected bit of delicious, that they ended up being my second favorite received item. I'll definitely purchase more; 

Green & Black's Organic, Dark 70% Chocolate: I don't care for dark chocolate and, even though this is a mix of cocoa liquor and cocoa butter, it was still too bitter for me; 

Maple Fudge from Laura Secord: This was simply too sweet for me and my hubby;

Ginger Twist Tea from Mighty Leaf: I have yet to taste this. For now it's in the cupboard with all our other teas; 

Almond, Apricot, and Yoghurt Bar from Eat Natural: Apricots = a big no thanks for me. My hubby tried it though, and found it to be a too sweet with a weird consistency;

Rosemary Sea Salt Shortbread from Dancing Deer Baking Co.: I generally love shortbread cookies, but these were not a favorite. I found the rosemary flavor to be too strong; 

Authentic Indian spice blend from Arora Creations: The person I have this to loved it; and

Sweet Potato popchips from popchips: I like sweet potatoes, and I like popchips, but I didn't like these. Go figure. 

December

This month's theme was Winter Wonderland


I received:

Angell Candy Bar from Betty Lou's: This was delicious. I wish they had sent two instead of some of the other items in the box;

Excellence 70% Chocolate Diamond from Linda & Spriingli: More dark chocolate. Boo;

Allergen-Free Peppermints from St. Claire's Organics: Unfortunately, we didn't like the strange texture of these at all;

All-Natural Marshmallow Topper, MaddyMelts, from Madyson's Marshmallows and All-Natural Powdered Drinking Chocolate from Les Confitures a l'Ancienne: I have both of these to my friend, P, though I think she had yet to taste them;

Chocolate Dipped Madeleine by Donsuemor: This was the most delicious treat in the box. Hands down;

Natural Crispbread Cracker from 34 degrees: These were nice, if a bit flavorless. I can see that they would be great with dips;

Molasses Spice Cookies from Grey Ghost Bakery: These have a not-so-subtle kick. Half a cookie was enough for me, but hubby loved them;

Spinach Dip Mix from Desert Gardens: I gave this to my friend, P, as well; and she thought it was tasty and easy to make; and


the box also contained a Love with Food tote bag. I love a good tote bag :)

January

January's theme was Wake Up to the New Year!


The box contained:

Banana Split Baby Mama Drama from Mama's Magic Mix: My hubby and I had fun picking out the individual components that we liked (freeze-dried strawberries and mini milk chocolate covered graham crackers for me, and salted roasted peanuts for him), but didn't care for the mix as a whole;

Pretzo Change-O and Original Milk Chocolate Squares from Jer's Chocolates: I thought I would love these, but the texture was too grainy;

Chocolate Chip Cookies from Home Free: The fact that these cookies are gluten, peanut, tree nut, egg and dairy free is kind of unbelievable. They are delicious;

Superfood Chews from Lovely Candies: I passed them along to my friend, B, who will easy anything, and even he didn't like them. The fruit pieces in the candy were apparently a major turnoff;

Columbia Supremo from Caffè Borsa: I don't drink coffee, and hubby drinks it so rarely that this is still waiting in the cupboard;

Orange Fruit Bar from Oskri: Another consistency and taste issue. We won't be purchasing more of this;

Organic Berry Berry Granola Bar from Annie's Homegrown: This was tasty, but I'll stick with my regular granola bars;

Lightly Salted Almonds from Blue Diamond Almonds: I like Blue Diamond almonds, so it was nice to get this. They didn't taste any less salted than their regularly salted nuts though; and

Multi - Grain Sea Salt Skinny Sticks from Hi I'm Skinny: This was a nice crunchy snack. I don't know that I'd pay more them than I would for a regular bag of chips; but if I saw them in the supermarket, I might pick up a bag.

February

As I said above, this box was the best one out of the past 4. We didn't love evening, but 5/8 isn't bad. This month's theme is A Kiss to Build a Dream On.


I received:

Snack Olives by Mario Camacho: My hubby and I don't eat olives, so I passed this on to a friend. He loved them;

Dark Chocolate Crepe Dentelle by Gavottes: I received 2 of these crispy treats; and they were delicious. I have to admit that I'm surprised I liked them as much as I did since they are made with dark chocolate. The crispness, and the fact that they were a small two bite bit of chocolate goodness, won me over;

Restaurant Style White Bean Chip by Beanitos: My hubby did not like these at all, but I found them crunchy and enjoyable. I ate them plain, but I'd love to have them with some salsa or refried bean dip;

Dark Chocolate Covered Blueberries by Emily's Chocolate: I love chocolate covered fruit, so I loved these. Even though they were covered in dark chocolate, the tartness of the blueberry made for a delicious combination. I'm happy that my hubby isn't a blueberry fan, since that meant more of these for me;

Honey Graham Sticks by Back to Nature: Crunchy and tasty with a hint of sweetness. These were a yummy snack;

Pure Notes Dark "Chocolatey" and "Mokaccino" Serious Milk Chocolate + Blue Bottle Coffee by TCHO: I gave both of these to friends, and they loved them;

Chocolate Chip Biscotti by Biscotti di Suzy: This didn't taste any different from other good biscotti I've had, but I enjoyed it; and


Subscribers also received a cute heart shaped Love With Food chip clip. Adorable, and it's already been put to use.

Phew! This has been a lot of food reviewing for one post :) How have all you other Love with Food subscribers out there been liking your boxes over the last few months?

For anyone who has been thinking of subscribing, I'd appreciate it if you used my referral link and shared the point wealth. Each referral that leads to a paid subscription earns the referring subscriber a cool 500 points! Just click on this link: http://bit.ly/1dS0r3X. Thanks in advance.

Later gators,
M

No comments: