Tuesday, September 10, 2013

This September, Birchbox is celebrating their Heritage

My September Birchbox came yesterday :)


This month's theme is Heritage; and Birchbox is also celebrating their 3rd anniversary. Good for them. Happy Anniversary!

This month's insert
"HERITAGE
The best part about beauty? It's not the glitter or the gloss, or even those miraculous antioxidants from far-off lands. It's the stories. Every brand we work with, from the just-hatched to the iconic, has its own fascinating history. Just look at Ruffian, a New York-based fashion label started by two designers with a flair for Victorian drama. Their first nail lacquer collection - which all our subscribers will get to try this month - was inspired by the runways but voted on by you. File that away for party conversation when someone compliments your mani.
This also happens to be our anniversary month, and we can't let it pass without thanking the people who have helped create our story: our members. All we had was an idea - we needed you to add the magic.
xoxo,
Katia, Hayley & the Birchbox Team"
(and you can watch their story celebration video at birchbox.com/3years if you're interested)


While I was happy to see the box, the happiness died down quite a bit once I saw everything I received :(


I received the following products:

Beauty Protector Protect & Shampoo, and Protect & Condition: These have a nice vanilla fragrance, but I was just hoping for something other than shampoo and conditioner. I'll probably pass these on to a friend or stick them in a travel bag.

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive: I was excited to see this, until I smelled it. I expected a green apple fragrance, or something equally pleasant, but it just smells strange. I know it says 'sensitive', but I'll probably pass this along as well.

Ruffian Nail Lacquer in Fox Hunt: This was my 3rd choice color - of three choices. It's still a lovely shade though, so I'm happy to have received it.


I received a packet of Soak Rinse-Free Wash as a Lifestyle Extra. The item comes in five varieties (four scented and one scentless). I received Celebration ("a subtly sweet, fruity scent'). Per the description on Birchbox's site, it's "a low-suds liquid, so any dirt or detergent simply comes out in the water when you wash, leaving whatever is left behind to evaporate. No rinsing means it’s easier on your fabrics and is better for the environment too." I'll try it out.

Just like I said last month, I hope next month's box is better.

If you are a Birchbox subscriber, how did you like your September box? If you haven't gotten your own Birchbox subscription yet, but would like to, I'd appreciate it if you used my referral link at http://birch.ly/16gHmcu. Thanks in advance :)

Later gators,
M

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

I liked mine! I will have my post up soon with what I got. I loved the juice beauty peel when I got it, but you are right it doesn't really smell like apples.

for the love of pictures said...

Hey Angel :) Have you been a BB subscriber long? This was my 2nd box, and I'm liking it so far. Thanks for commenting.