Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Celebrating Classic Beauty

I'm a bit late with my review of my September ipsy bag. In all honesty though, I'm glad I waited a bit to post my thoughts as I've now had a bit more time to try out some of the goodies that I received.


This month's ipsy theme is Classic Beauty.


At first I wasn't too keen on the items that I received; but I've changed my mind on most of the bag.

This month's bag itself doesn't measure up to last month's purple gorgeousness. I love the royal blue color, and don't mind the pattern. The material, however, is not the best; but I'll definitely find a use for it.


Every subscriber received a sample of the life palette from the EM makeup line. I received the "look 4 natural talent" sampler, and almost threw the little pamphlet away without noticing the sample. It was a cute extra.

The first item that I pulled from my bag were two pairs of Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels. I haven't tried these out as of yet, but I'm happy to have received them, and that more than a single set was sent out.


Everyone received the It's So Big Volumizing Mascara by Elizabeth Mott, and a NYX Single Eye Shadow (I received the color Sparkle White). I definitely don't need another mascara right now, but I'll gift it to someone. I also wish that is received another shade of shadow, but I'll deal.


Lastly, I received the Pouty Pop Lip Crayon in color Rose Romance, and the Obsidian Kohl Eye Pencil by Starlooks.

The rose-colored lip pencil plus the white eyeshadow, equals me thinking that ipsy isn't taking my ipsyMatch answers into account at all. I've also read some reviews which say that it has a tendency to dry out the lips, so I'm not that excited to try it.

I was initially disappointed to see a Starlooks product in my bag since I also subscribe to that Company's monthly box; but I've never received a Kohl pencil, so I got over it. The pencil has a nice deep black color, and goes on smooth - thumbs up.

All in all, I feel pretty neutral about this month's bag. There was nothing that I was super excited about, but also nothing that I was sorry to receive. Hopefully, October brings a Halloween themed bag with more treats than tricks (no more mascara for a while please ipsy! :)

If you subscribe to ipsy, how did you like your bag? If you don't yet subscribe but would like to, I'd appreciate it if you used my referral link at http://bit.ly/154vUAf :).

Later gators, 
M

No comments: