Monday, April 21, 2014

Springing Forward & Rainy Days with Birchbox

The theme of March's Birchbox was Spring Forward - a box dedicated to welcoming Spring.


Stay as long as you want Spring! As far as I'm concerned, Summer can stay away for quite some time :)


I received 5 products, including a beauty extra.

Air Repair Rescue Balm: I was hoping to receive this from the second I saw it in the March sneak peak video. Apparently it is wonderful for healing dry skin anywhere on the body. I haven't used it yet, but I love a good multipurpose product; 

Grand Central Beauty S.M.A.R.T. Skin Perfecting Serum + Primer: I am always on the look out for good primers, and this one looks like a winner that can be used anytime, morning to night. I'm especially happy that it doesn't have a weird smell or feel too greasy on my face; 

INIKA Eyeliner in the shade Green Lagoon: I wish I was more proficient at using eyeliner pencils, because this sparkly green beauty arrived just in time for St. Patrick's Day. I'm still learning though, so I'll have to make it work another day. It goes on well, and blends well. The lid doubling as a sharpener is a bonus;

Jurlique Rose Moisture Plus Moisturizing Cream Mask: I love rose scented skin care products, so I have high hopes for this face mask. The insert card says it's "loaded with restorative rose oil for a visible radiance boost". I'll try this once some of my other facial samples are done; and

Jurlique Rose Hand Cream: I was surprised to see two Jurlique samples in the same box However, this beauty extra came in a packet containing such a small amount that I am loathe to even classify it as a sample. There was no way that I could tell if I liked the product by using this blip of hand cream. Too bad.

Lastly, I believe every subscriber also received a sample of the Ghirardelli Intense Dark Cherry Tango Bar. It's a farm chocolate with bits of cherries and almonds. I'm not generally a dark chocolate fan, and this lived up to its name. It was to intense for me, so I'm not a fan. The dark chocolate overpowered the tartness of the cherries and the almonds so much that I couldn't even finish this little sample.


My Birchbox faves from this box had to be the INIKA eyeliner and Air Repair Rescue Balm. So sad about that chocolate. I usually love Ghirardelli.

Anyway, on to April.

This month's theme is Rainy Days, and the selected items are all about celebrating rainy day, stay home where it's cozy, pamper yourself and relax attitudes.


Subscribers were also sent a card featuring one of 52 Bright Ideas for a Rainy Day. I received idea 13, which encourages me to do some serious Spring cleaning in my closet. A well timed card, as I was just thinking about older and really worn items that I need to get rid of.

Anyway, on to the goodies.


I received:

GUYandGIRL Shower Gel: The card says that this has a lemony scent, but I smelled more jasmine and a musky scent. Hubby and I both like the smell, but it didn't lather very well. We'll use up this sample, but won't be ordering more;

Color Club Gala's Gems Collection nail polish in Gold Struck: Birchbox teamed up with "style blogger Gala Gonzalez to create this exclusive shimmery shade". I love receiving polishes in my subscription boxes, and this gold tone is gorgeous, and applies evenly;

Davines Oi Shampoo and Conditioner: I was so disappointed to see these packets in my box. There is no way that these contain enough shampoo and conditioner for me to get a good idea of how the products work on my hair; and

Anastasia Clear Brow Gel: This and the nail polish made the box for me; and it came right on time. I'm almost out of the Ulta brow gel that I'm currently using, and all of the reviews I've seen about this brand have been positive.

Everyone also received a KIND Health Grains Snack Bar as a Lifestyle Extra. I don't know if there were multiple flavors sent out, but I received Maple Pumpkin Seeds with Sea Salt. I haven't eaten it yet - I'm saving it for a midday work snack - but this flavor combination has me intrigued. I've had KIND products before though, and have liked them.

What did you other Birchboxers think of your products? What's been your favorite over the past couple of months?

Later gators,
M

No comments: