Sunday, August 31, 2014

Two Special Birchboxes

Recently, Birchbox sent out an email stating that they had a couple of special boxes (CEW (Cosmetic Executive Women) Limited Edition boxes) available for purchase. 

I, of course, jumped on the offer, and ordered right away. 

Am I happy I did? Absolutely :)

I love that they each came in cute, slightly oversized boxes, and looked really sleek. 

The pink box - Prestige Headliners - contained the following:


Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Crème: I've heard good things about this product, but have never tried it. We'll see how it works out with my coarse hair type;

Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil Light: There are so many uses for Argan Oil. This is definitely my favorite thing in the box;

100% Pure Creamy Nail Polish: I received a cute pale pink color. Nothing too exciting, but I do love trying new brands, especially ones that are 5-free;

philosophy miracle worker overnight: this has already been gifted to a friend who absolutely loves, and swears, by all things philosophy; and

COOLA Environmental Repair Plus Radical Recovery After-Sun Lotion: this was gifted to another friend, who can't seem to escape getting a sunburn no matter how little time she spends in the sun.

The box also included two lifestyle extras - a pocket mirror, and a pair of pink toe separators. Cute :)

The blue box - Mass Appeal - contained:


L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara: I recently developed a love for mascara, and was so excited to try this. The packaging is sleek, and the wand looks interesting, but it smelled HORRID :( So bad, that I literally gagged when I initially opened the tube. Thank goodness I smelled it before applying it to my eyes. I hope that I just got a bad sample, and this isn't the norm for this product. Either way - trash;

Dove Go Fresh Restore Body Wash: I'm already a fan of Dove products, and this is a nice travel size product to put away for future use;

Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips: I love this. I use regular Vaseline on my lips everyday, and this one adds the barest hint of color. It's the perfect size to drop in my purse too;

Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer with SPF 15: I have yet to offer this, but I do like that it contains SPF. I have to use sunscreen everyday, and, if the moisturizing aspect is on point, would be a great easy source of extra protection;

Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Lip Gloss in the shade Spring Splendor: This was my favorite item in this box. I've never tried any Burt’s Bees products before, but everyone I know who has, loves the brand. The color is wonderful, with a hint of shimmer, and it feels great on my lips. I'll definitely be purchasing additional colors of this new favorite; and

TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Keratin Infusing Serum: Oh la la, this smells so good. I don't never know how things will work in my hair, but TRESemmé is a good brand, and I'm excited to try this.

Did anyone else purchase these Limited Edition boxes? If so, what does you think of the product selection, and what was your favorite product? Even if you didn't purchase the boxes, what 1 or 2 items, from those listed above, would you most want to try?

Later gators,
M

No comments: